About Five Seasons Ventures
Five Seasons Ventures is the first European impact venture fund focused on Foodtech.
Europe is a great place to develop innovative food products and solutions. The foodtech market is booming and addressing all parts of the supply chain, making food healthier, more efficient, more sustainable, and more responsive to the expectations of the new generation of customers.
We are right in the middle of it. We invest at Series A/B stage in companies that develop or apply technology to consumer food brands to create new product categories or disrupt dormant ones through product or business model innovation.
Four years ago we raised the very first foodtech fund in Europe. And now we are the first fund manager to raise a second, larger fund focused on foodtech. And we owe this mainly to great performance of our first fund; exceptional companies like Air-Up, Butternut Box, YFood, Cortilia, THIS, Just Spices, La Fourche and all the others.
We believe innovation in the food sector has the potential to solve two of the biggest challenges of our time: climate change and human health. This is why our second fund is an impact-driven fund and we develop an ESG case as well as a financial return case for every investment we make.
Our team of nine is based in Paris and we bring together expertise across venture investing, food production and nutrition, sustainability, and corporate governance.
Now we look for an exceptional person to join our team to invest and support in the best foodtech companies and most innovating food brands in Europe.
About the job
· Sourcing and assessing new investment opportunities: we have a large inbound deal flow, but we work hard at discovering the best opportunities in a few other ways.
· Processing an investment with a fair degree of autonomy and responsibility, including full analysis of market, financials, product, organization, technology, legal and governance, to managing the due diligence, negotiating terms sheets, preparing Investment Committee decisions and working with the lawyers on the closing process.
· Monitoring portfolio investments by taking board positions, full or as an observer, and closely supporting founders and management teams. This also includes contributing to the internal periodic reporting to the fund’s investors.
· Helping us expand and strengthen our network and brand with entrepreneurs, possible co-investors and other players in the food and tech industry, as well as building you own personal brand
· You have around 5/6 years investment experience, preferably in a VC fund or in a Corporate VC, as we are looking for someone who has been there before, during and after an investment and is comfortable in executing with a degree of autonomy
· You have a real interest in food, nutrition or in the foodtech sector, as we (and entrepreneurs) like to work with people who share the same passion and genuine interest as us.
· You bring strong analytical skills to help us understand not just the numbers, but the issues, implications and risks, as well as the areas of excitement and upside behind the numbers.
· You are a self starter, as early bird catches the worm. Spotting an early trend can lead to great opportunities and we like people who go for it. Ask forgiveness rather than permission.
· You are a team player, as we work in small teams, a good team player is confident enough to “teach” at times, and self-aware enough to “learn” at other times.
· We work in English, so that’s imperative. Other languages are useful too as we speak a few in the office every day.
What we offer
· Competitive salary
· Carried interest allocation
· Option to co-invest in the fund (no fees/no carry)
· Private health insurance
This role is based in Paris with the possibility to work remotely for periods during the year.
Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com